Try this really unique Blue Cheese Coleslaw recipe.
The blue cheese really works with the sweet red grapes in this coleslaw. It’s all tossed in a sweet coleslaw dressing. Your guests will be surprised and delighted. It’s one of my favorites to serve at a party or backyard BBQ. Guests are always surprised by the presentation of such a different and delicious coleslaw recipe. It’s fun to keep things different!
- Dijon mustard
- crumbled blue cheese
- white sugar
- cider vinegar
- shredded coleslaw mix with carrots
- seedless red grapes
How to make Blue Cheese Coleslaw:
The first step is making the coleslaw dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, blue cheese, sugar and cider vinegar. It’s okay to use half nonfat mayonnaise and half regular, or all light mayonnaise.
Add the coleslaw mix, and grapes to the bowl. I like to buy the coleslaw mix that has shredded carrots in it too. It adds a bit more color.
Gently stir the coleslaw until evenly coated. Cover and chill until serving.
For visually appealing purposes, you may wish to add a few more blue cheese crumbles on top. Some halved red grapes thrown on the top make it pretty too.
What can you serve with Blue Cheese Coleslaw?
Consider bringing this coleslaw to a potluck or picnic. People will love having the choice of a slaw that’s a little bit different. Enjoy!
The Best Coleslaw Recipes:
Blue Cheese Cole Slaw
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 2 tablepoons cider vinegar
- 16 ounces shredded coleslaw mix with carrots (pre-packaged)
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, blue cheese, sugar and cider vinegar.
- Add the coleslaw mix, and grapes to the bowl. Gently stir until evenly coated and chill until serving.
- It's okay to use half nonfat mayonnaise and half regular, or all light mayonnaise.