This Chicken, Apple and Smoked Gouda Salad recipe is super easy to make and delicious. There is a lot of crunch and flavor in this salad, and it’s tossed with a simple, store-bought fat-free honey mustard dressing. Simple!
Chicken, Apple and Smoked Gouda Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 8 cups torn pre-packaged spinach
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red delicious apple (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup fat-free honey mustard salad dressing
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda or Jarlsberg cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Cut chicken into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Combine chicken, spinach, bell pepper, celery, onion and apple in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad, and toss well. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
- Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving size of 2 1/2 cups: Calories 313, Fat 13.99g, Cholesterol 82.09mg, Sodium 468.53mg, Potassium 817.55mg, Carbohydrates 17.72g, Dietary Fiber 4.86g, Sugar 8.98g, Protein 31.09g
- Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints per serving: 6