Chicken Fried Pork is a delicious twist on the classic comfort food recipe!
If you’ve ever had Chicken Fried Steak, then you know how delicious it is. This is a version of Chicken Fried Steak that uses pork instead. And it’s all covered in a creamy, white country milk gravy. My family loves this Chicken Fried Pork as a quick and easy weeknight meal. You should be able to prepare this dinner in less than 30 minutes.
- all purpose flour
- low-sodium chicken broth
- whole milk
- olive oil
- onion powder
- smoked paprika
- cayenne pepper
- pork tenderloin
- salt and pepper
How to make Chicken Fried Pork:
Why is it called Chicken Fried Pork if there is no chicken in the recipe?
This is a common question about Chicken Fried Steak too (which is made with beef). It’s called Chicken Fried Pork because the pork is battered, dipped and fried just like you would classically fry chicken in a skillet.
How to make White Country Milk Gravy:
Drizzle the white gravy over your Chicken Fried Pork and garnish with a little fresh parsley. This is our new favorite family meal, and I hope you like it too. Enjoy!
The Best Pork Recipes:
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- French Onion Pork
- Slow Cooked Swiss Pork
- German Pork Schnitzel
- Pork with Peach Sauce
- Balsamic Pork Loin
- Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Orange Teriyaki Pork Stir Fry
Chicken Fried Pork
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch slices
PREPARE THE GRAVY:
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook until golden (a minute or two). Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and continue cooking until thickened. Whisk in the milk until smooth and continue to heat until it has thickened a bit more. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and set aside while you prepare the pork.
PREPARE THE PORK:
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until ripples begin to form.
- While the pan is heating, put flour in one bowl and whisk in the onion powder, paprika and cayenne. Whisk together the egg and milk in a second bowl.
- Pound out the pork slices so they're a little thinner (more like cutlets) and all the same thickness). Season the pork with salt and pepper. Dredge the pork slices in flour, then in the egg batter and then dip in the flour again to coat. Add the coated slices to the skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes, until golden brown. Flip the pork and continue to cook for a few more minutes until golden on the other side (and cooked through).
- Serve the chicken fried pork with gravy drizzled on top.