This Fresh Peach Cake recipe I’m sharing here takes advantage of those fabulous, sweet fresh peaches you’re seeing in the store.
This turns out to be a tender, cinnamony cake topped with fresh peach wedges and drizzled with a simple cream cheese glaze. It’s the perfect dessert recipe for summer months when fresh peaches are sweet and delicious!
I’m always up to my eyeballs in peaches during the summer. Costco sells big trays of peaches, and I often pick up a tray so we can enjoy as many peaches as possible. Farmers markets have even better peaches, if you’re lucky enough to have one of those. We eat loads of peaches all on their own, make peach jam and now we make this peach cake!
How to make Fresh Peach Cake:
This fresh peach cake recipe is such an easy recipe to make. The batter is spread into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan, peach wedges are arranged on top, and then it’s baked. A cream cheesy glaze is drizzled on top. That’s it!
Note about the peaches:
You don’t have to peel your peaches for this cake recipe! The peaches are just cut into thin wedges, and they are a totally awesome addition to the cake with peels on and all!
Since it’s summer and peaches are PERFECT, then you have every excuse in the book to justify putting them into this cake.
My family enjoys this cake as you see here. I personally sneak a large dollop of freshly whipped cream on top and enjoy my slice that way. Celebrate summer by baking this Fresh Peach Cake!
Here are a few more recipes using fresh peaches you might like to try:
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken and Peaches
- Carolina Peach Sangria
- Peach Upside Down Cake
- Peach Cobbler French Toast Casserole
- Cinnamon Roll Peach Cobbler
- Peach and Brie Bruschetta
- Peach Buttermilk Bread Pudding
- Fresh Peach Scones
Fresh Peach Cake
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 medium fresh peaches, cut into ½-inch wedges
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick spray.
PREPARE THE CAKE:
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the sugars with the butter, beating until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well-combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Add the dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately to the wet mixture, making sure the batter is mixed well.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Place peach wedges decoratively on top of the batter. Bake 30 to 35 minutes (depending on size of the pan) or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool.
PREPARE THE GLAZE:
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese with the powdered sugar. Mix until smooth. Add the vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk. You want a drizzling consistency, so add a little more milk if you don't have that yet. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake. Keep covered at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate.
- *To make your own buttermilk (aka sour milk), combine 2/3 cup milk with 1/2 teaspoon vinegar. Let stand for 5 minutes before adding it to the recipe.
- *No need to peel the peaches unless you really want to. The recipe is perfectly delicious when the peel is left on.