These Sparkling Butter Toffee Cookies are delicious butter cookies with toffee bits mixed in and then rolled in sugar. This cookie stays soft-ish and doesn’t turn crispy like some cookies do after a day or two.
Sparkling Butter Toffee Cookies
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:9 minutes
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (or more)
- additional sugar for rolling (sparkling white sugar works best)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats (or leave them ungreased).
- Combine sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often until creamy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add to wet mixture and beat until well mixed. Stir in toffee bits by hand.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Flatten each with bottom of a glass to 1 1/2-inch circles (if glass sticks, dip in sugar).
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are just lightly browned. Do not overbake. Sprinkle with additional sugar while warm. Cool completely.
- This is a great cookie for shipping- it travels well.
- Toffee bits are available in most market's baking aisles (near the chocolate chips).
- To really make these cookies sparkly, use "Bright White Sparkling Sugar"- which can be found in cooking supply stores.
- Stud a few additional toffee chips into the tops of the cookies before baking if you would like them to be more visible in the baked cookie.