I love this easy-to-make Two Bean Salad recipe in the summertime tossed with balsamic vinaigrette. It’s light, but it’s also so delicious.
If you’re looking for a super quick side dish or salad to make to go with dinner or to bring to someone’s house, this is one to consider. It will literally take you just a few minutes to make. Even if you think you don’t know how to cook, this recipe you can handle! You can double the recipe if you’re hoping to serve more people. This two bean salad is just a simple combination of a few ingredients to create a terrific tasting dish.
- garbanzo beans
- black beans
- red onion
- fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
How to make Two Bean Salad:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Season the salad to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate, if not serving immediately. It’s that easy!
How to change things up:
Use your favorite beans! This recipe calls for using garbanzo beans and black beans. But consider using white beans or kidney beans too. In place of chopped cucumber, you can use chopped zucchini. Add some corn cut fresh off the cob. Use red wine vinegar in place of balsamic. And make more of the dressing, if you are adding extra things!
The Best Bean Salad Recipes:
- Lemon Basil Three Bean Salad
- Red, White and Black Bean Salad
- White Bean and Roasted Chicken Salad
- Arugula, White Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
Two Bean Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- One 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained well
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- ⅔ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ½ medium cucumber, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients, tossing to blend well. Season the salad to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate, if not serving immediately.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- You can make this salad one up to one day in advance.