Red White and Black Bean Salad is an easy, no-cook, cold salad recipe.
I like to call this Red White and Black Bean Salad recipe a no-brainer kind of salad recipe. There is no cooking involved. And all you really have to do is open several cans of beans and corn, and toss it with chopped green onions and a tangy, easy-to-make vinaigrette. That makes this a super easy salad recipe to add to your dinner menu. It’s also a good one to add to a backyard cookout as a side to your burgers or other grilled meats.
Red White and Black Bean Salad ingredients:
- canned white beans
- canned kidney beans
- canned black beans
- chopped green onions
After rinsing the beans and corn, all you have to do is dump all of these things in your salad bowl.
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- garlic powder
- ground cumin
- salt and pepper
You’ll just combine the dressing ingredients, pour it over the Red White and Black Bean Salad and toss.
This is one of those salad recipes that gets better the longer it has a chance to sit. You want to let the flavors meld, and give the beans a chance to soak up some of that tangy dressing. An hour or so in the refrigerator will give it enough time to marinate before serving, but if I have the time… I give it several hours. Leftovers the next day will give you a wonderful, tangy Red White and Black Bean Salad!
Do you remember the 3-bean salad that was so popular back in the 70’s? You can still spot it in some serve-yourself salad bars at restaurants (if those are still going to be around!) I happen to be one who loves that old-timer salad. This bean salad is reminiscent of the classic 3-bean salad, but it’s better.
Try this fabulous, easy bean salad recipe, and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
If you are following the Weight Watchers WW program, there is a link to WW Points in the recipe card below.
The Best Bean Salad Recipes:
- Lemon- Basil Three Bean Salad
- Two Bean Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Five Minute Salad with Goat Cheese, Basil and White Beans
- Black Bean Taco Salad
- Italian Garbanzo Bean Salad
- Arugula, White Bean and Roasted Red Bell Pepper Salad
- Mexican Bean Salad
- White Bean and Roasted Chicken Salad
Red, White and Black Bean Salad
- One 15-ounce can white beans
- One 15-ounce can kidney beans
- One 15-ounce can black beans
- One 11-ounce can Mexicorn (or regular corn)
- 3 whole green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add all of the beans to a colander and drain. Add the corn. Rinse well with cool water. Drain well. Pour into a large bowl.
- Finely chop the green onions, using all of white portion and enough tops to measure a little over ½ cup. Add the green onions to the bean mixture.
- Pour the olive oil into a 2 cup glass measuring cup. Whisk in in the vinegar, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Pour over the bean mixture. Stir until well coated. Serve immediately or chill.
- *If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use brands of corn and beans that are known to be GF.