A simple and delicious way to eat brussels sprouts: Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Bacon
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds small brussels sprouts (each about 1-inch in diameter), trimmed, halved through root end
- 1 1/4 cups diced bacon (about 6 ounces)
- 1 medium lemon, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced across
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook brussels sprouts in medium saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Spread brussels sprouts on rimmed baking sheet in single layer. Sprinkle with bacon, lemon slices, salt and pepper; stir.
- Roast brussels sprouts until tender and beginning to brown, stirring every 10 minutes, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.
*If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use a brand of bacon that is known to be GF.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via Bon Appetit)
More brussels sprouts recipes you might enjoy:
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pecans by Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Brussels Sprouts with Applewood Smoked Bacon and Hazelnuts by RecipeGirl
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Beer by A Spicy Perspective
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apple by RecipeGirl
- Sauteed Lemon and Garlic Brussels Sprouts by Cookin’ Canuck