5 Things

Sometimes I’ve just got more than a few things to share.  Like now.  Here ya go:

1.  I’m super excited to announce the launch of The Red Faced Runner’s website!  I’m collaborating on this site with a few other bloggers to provide inspiration and tips on running, other exercise, diet, fitness fashion, workout song recommendations, etc… basically- you name it, and we’re going to cover it.  Also, we’re encouraging you to make a commitment to run a 5K or longer on the weekend of September 8th (or any time!)  Visit the site for inspiration and support.  Everyone is welcome!

2.  BOOK recommendation:  Here’s the book I’m currently absorbed in, and I can’t put it down: The Age of Miracles. In this novel, a natural phenomenon is happening- the earth’s rotation is gradually slowing, and it begins affecting life on earth as we know it- length of days, animals, tides, people, relationships. It’s a scary concept, and I find that it’s pretty compelling and makes me want to keep reading to see what happens.

3.  If you get your nails or toes done and you sometimes have a tough time understanding the gals at your salon, this comedy sketch video will completely crack you up.  Click to watch.

4.  Tori Avey of The Shiksa in the Kitchen has just launched an interesting new blog called, The History Kitchen. She’s sharing historical dishes, vintage recipes, and culinary heritage behind recipes. So far, Tori has covered things like the history of ice cream and pie in America, and what Emily Dickinson and Benjamin Franklin liked to eat. It’s a fascinating, unique concept, and I can’t wait to see what else Tori comes up with!

5.  The new season of The Walking Dead will premiere in the fall, and AMC has just aired a teaser for the upcoming season.  This show is about walking, living zombies- a totally crazy notion for a show, but I’m completely obsessed with it.  My husband and I sat and watched the first couple of episodes last spring and were totally hooked on its’ suspenseful nature.  We had to plow through the first couple of seasons, and now I can hardly wait for the new season to begin!  Catch the first two seasons on Hulu or Netflix if you’re interested in checking it out.

7 Responses to “5 Things”

Tori @ The Shiksa in the Kitchen — July 11, 2012 @ 1:51 PM

Thank you so much for mentioning The History Kitchen, you are the best!!

Jessica — July 11, 2012 @ 7:04 PM

Great post! Thanks for all of that:)

Raquel — July 12, 2012 @ 6:09 AM

Love your post. The History Kitchen sounds neat! Going to check it ou. Yes, Anjelah cracks me up too!

Nika Andersen — July 12, 2012 @ 7:46 AM

I love that you love the Walking Dead!! Yes, I am a Walking Dead fan too (and so is my husband), I was surprised by it, after all it’s about Zombies (???). But it’s fun and as you say, suspenseful.

These are all great recommendations – I just joined up at a new gym (it’s too hot for a red Faced Beginner Runner like myself to run outside) and the blog will be perfect to keep me on track! I need a new book to read and I’m off to check out the History Kitchen! I know what I am going to do today!

Thanks Lori!!

Tara @ Musical Soup Eaters — July 16, 2012 @ 9:13 AM

Thanks for the recommendations. I am really excited to discover the History Kitchen. It looks really interesting. I love reading about those sorts of things and I’m excited to learn about this new resource.

Kimiko — July 22, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

I am WAY behind on my blog reading, so just got to read this post now. But I totally agree with you on Walking Dead. I’m hooked. My fiance used to refuse to watch it with me (because he didn’t want to get hooked on another show) but a few weeks ago when the weekend marathon was on, he ended up watching episodes 1 and 2 from season 1 (since I set the dvr to record them). Now he keeps asking when he can see the rest and wants to catch up in time for season 3! Lol Also, I love the concept of The History Kitchen, thanks for sharing. And I am making a mental note to look for that book, The Age of Miracles, the next time I’m at the bookstore. Thanks!

kris — August 10, 2012 @ 3:56 AM

i know!! i recorded all of season 1 & 2 and have been watching. i have 5 more left before season 3 starts. my niece and her husband and i are going to have a “walker” party the night of the season 3 opener…. going to be fun!!!!