Sangria Popsicles are an amazing adult-appropriate treat!
Popsicles aren’t just for kids anymore. The new trend is making popsicles out of your favorite alcoholic beverages! Sangria lovers will love this frozen treat. Consider making these to enjoy for happy hour on a hot summer day. Or for dessert on a sweltering summer night.
- lime sparkling water
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- freshly squeezed orange juice
A note about the sangria:
You can buy sangria already prepared in your market’s wine section. It’s sold in a bottle, just like wine. That’s what you should use for this recipe.
How to make Sangria Popsicles:
In a saucepan, heat lime sparkling water, lemon and orange juices and honey until boiling. Then simmer for 5 minutes. Then you’ll let the mixture cool and then add the sangria. At this point, you’ll funnel the mixture into the popsicle wrappers or molds. If you’re using wrappers, you’ll fill them to the point where it says, “fill line.” This gives them room to expand when freezing.
Where to buy popsicle wrappers:
Amazon sells disposable plastic popsicle molds. The set comes with a little funnel so it’s easy to pour the liquid into the molds and they zip closed. If you prefer, you can also make these in silicone reusable popsicle molds.
You can see in the photo above that- when frozen- the popsicles really do expand beyond the fill line! So it’s important to follow the instruction of only filling them to this line.
When you’re ready to eat your sangria popsicles, simply unzip the top or cut off the top and slide them up to eat. You’ll feel like a kid again eating popsicles, but you get to enjoy a cocktail instead. You might even want to eat more than one. Enjoy!
Here are a few more sangria recipes you might like to try:
- Grape Sangria
- Sunset Sangria
- Carolina Peach Sangria
- Strawberry Peach Sangria
- Sangria Mexican Mule
- Winter Spiced Red Wine Sangria
- Pina Colada Sangria
- Apple Cider Sangria
- 2 cups lime flavored sparkling water
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 medium orange, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups sangria wine
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sparkling water, lemon and orange juices and honey. Heat; bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat, let cool slightly and stir in the sangria.
- Use a funnel or a measuring cup with a fine spout to pour the sangria mixture into popsicle molds or tubes. If using tubes, fill to the fill line and try to get all the air out as you zip it closed. The carbonated water will expand as it freezes. Freeze for 12 hours before serving.