This isn’t the prettiest dish in the world, but it sure is a hit for dinner with my family. I serve up a scoop of this on top of some homemade cornbread- delicious! > Three Bean and Sausage Bake
Yield: 6 servings (1 cup per serving)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Three Bean and Sausage Bake
- 1 pound turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium pinto beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup low fat shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Heat over medium high. Add kielbasa and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3-4 minutes. Add the onion and garlic; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 4 minutes. Add all beans, water, ketchup, mustard, vinegar, and brown sugar; cook, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are blended, about 5 minutes. Pour the bean mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the bean mixture with the cheese. Bake the casserole until bubbling in the center, 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
- If preparing this as a GLUTEN FREE dish, be sure to check the following ingredients to make sure they are gluten free: kielbasa, beans, ketchup & spicy brown mustard. Serve on top of some Gluten Free cornbread!
- Make ahead: Prepare through step 2, then let cool completely. Wrap well and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Unwrap and continue on to step 3 to cook.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1 cup): Calories 364, Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 2g, Fiber 11g, Protein 27g, Cholesterol 41mg, Carbohydrates 46g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 10, PointsPlus: 9, Old Points Program: 7