Whole Wheat Pizza Dough is a great pizza crust recipe to make for your next homemade pizza!
Making your own pizza dough at home is so easy to do. My favorite everyday pizza dough recipe is for my Basic Pizza Dough. That recipe calls for using all purpose flour only. This recipe for whole wheat pizza dough uses a combination of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour, giving it a bit of a healthy twist.
- whole wheat flour
- all purpose flour
- active dry yeast
- granulated white sugar
- hot water
- extra virgin olive oil
How to make Whole Wheat Pizza Dough:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Have fun making your own whole wheat pizza dough and topping it with homemade pizza sauce and your favorite things. Enjoy!
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup hot water (120° to 130°F)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flours, yeast, salt and sugar; pulse to mix. Combine the hot water and oil in a measuring cup. With the motor running, gradually pour in enough of the hot liquid until the mixture forms a sticky ball. The dough should be quite soft. If it seems dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons warm water; if too sticky, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour. Process until dough forms a ball, then process for 1 minute to knead.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Coat a sheet of plastic wrap with cooking spray and place it, sprayed-side down, over the dough. Let the dough rest for 10 to 20 minutes before rolling.
- Place a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet on the lowest oven rack; preheat oven to 500°F. or highest setting. Roll and top the pizza as desired and bake the pizza until the bottom is crisp and golden, 10 to 14 minutes.