My family likes to eat this easy-to-make Slow Cooker Pork Barbecue over cooked orzo pasta or polenta, or you can certainly make some delicious sandwiches out of it too!
Sometimes you just need an easy dinner recipe for chicken or beef or pork. And this is my go-to recipe for cooking a bone-in pork roast. It’s one of those “set it and forget it” kind of recipes. Throw your ingredients in the slow cooker and forget about it for 9 or 10 hours. I love these kinds of recipes that do the majority of the cooking for you. It’s a great recipe for a busy weeknight!
How to make Slow Cooker Pork Barbecue:
Place the pork in your slow cooker with the fat side up. This is important because as the pork cooks, the fat will melt, slide down over the roast, and pool in the sauce. The pork will be super tender because of it. Rub the pork with minced garlic, and place sliced onion on top. Cook on low for 9 or 10 hours.
The pork should pull apart easily at this point. It will be super tender! Pull it apart and put in on a baking sheet.
Combine the sauce ingredients separately in a saucepan and simmer. Add the sauce to the pork after it has been cooked and pulled. Add lemon juice, red wine vinegar and tabasco too. Place the pulled pork on the baking sheet with the sauce in a 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes.
That’s it! Your slow cooker pulled pork barbecue is all ready for consumption. You can eat the pork on its own (be sure to spoon some of the sauce on top). It’s delicious with mashed potatoes or cauliflower purée.
It’s also a really delicious pulled pork to make a sandwich out of. Pile it onto a bun and add some cole slaw too. Enjoy!
The Best Pork Recipes:
Slow Cooker Pork Barbecue
- 5 pounds bone-in pork loin roast
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
- Place the pork in your slow cooker, fat side up. Rub with garlic and top with onion (no liquid is necessary). Cook on low for 9 to 10 hours, or until the pork pulls apart fairly easily. Remove to a platter to cool. Once cooled, pull the pork apart and place in a large skillet (or Dutch oven).
- Prepare the sauce: Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Add the sauce to the pork. Stir in the lemon juice, vinegar and Tabasco (to taste). Cook over medium heat until bubbly, or place in a 375° oven for about 25 minutes.